Saturday, November 22, 2003

Yesterday I attended the work happy hour. My friend and I were talking to one of the Egyptian guys who works in the lab. He was trying to convince us that there is a philosophy behind belly dancing. He talked and talked for over 20 minutes. Although he never gave us the actual 'philosophy', my friend and I laughed continuously.

Then at night, I met up with my Tanzanian friend for tea (since I dont drink coffee). On the way home, I almost got hit by another car who was speeding on a back road.

Tonight, we are going out to dinner for my best friends birthday. The group consists of myself, along with 5 of my best friends friends. Luckily I get along with them. Unluckily, they dont get along with each other. Luckily (or quite possibly Unluckily), they were nice enough to put aside any differences for my friend to celebrate her birthday.

Im hoping my laughter from yesterday will carry over into tonight, and last night's near-disaster is not a premonition for tonights dinner.

No comments: