Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I had yet another lovely, relaxing weekend in Vermont. It was a last minute decision to go. I was real stressed over school. Cried on Friday. Was very fidgety and very hungry on Saturday. So I went. We had a great time. I left early on Sunday, de-stressed and ready to do work.

As Im driving along the highway, my car goes into the shoulder of the highway just a tad. Suddenly I hear a loud "POP!" Instead of driving along a smooth highway, I felt like I was driving on gravel. I thought I could make it to an exit, but when the aroma of burning rubber filled the air on the inside of my car, I promptly pulled over.

So there I was, on the side of the highway. Cars flying by causing my car to rattle. I jumped outside my car and saw my tire absolutely shredded. It looked like someone shot my tire. Who knows how it actually happened.

I know how to change a spare, but I was a little nervous doing that on the highway. I called AAA only to find out that my name is not on my parents card, so they cant help me. (Oh yeah, Im all independent now) I call CLS boy to look up a few numbers online, as I called information to give me a tow truck number.

Information: "What city and state please?"

Me: "Well, my tire popped and Im stuck on the side of the highway in Northampton, Massachusetts. I was wondering if you could give me the number of a tow truck company."

Information: "Dont you have AAA?" (AAA is the 24 hour, nationwide, tow truck car fix it people)

Me (thinking): I called for information, not advice.

What I said: No.

Then she gave me a number.

Sitting on the side of the highway by yourself is a little nervewracking. Cars zooming by, you wonder if your new address will be "Somewhere between exits 17 and 18 on 91 South."

I talked to CLS Boy for a bit and then let him go. I figured its a good time to make phone calls and time would pass. I call my friend in Colorado.

"Hey Jay, its Dr.P!"

"Hey Dr.P! WHat are you up to?!"

"Well, right now, Im on the side of the highway waiting for the tow truck to come."

"What?!"

I told him the story which he found highly amusing.

Tow truck came within 30 minutes and attached the donut tire. Got the tire changed the other day. All is well for the moment.

THIS is one good reason we need cell phones!!

No comments: