Thursday, August 19, 2004

I thought with my newfound (and shortlived) unemployment, I figured I would be able to blog everyday!

Even the unemployed get busy.

The unemployed ask themselves questions.

Much like this one...

Temper Control: When is it best to exhibit this sore quality?

Last night I got angry about something. Logically, I shouldnt get angry, but I was.

In my younger days, I was a bit of a volcano when I was angry. I would get angry and the planet would hear and feel my anger. I definitely toned down quite a bit. I display my volcanic anger when truly necessary. Really.

Nowadays, there are moments where on the inside, Im erupting. I've learned the art of the 10 second rule. It gives me a chance for realization...is it something worth getting angry about?

Last night I had a moment where I wasnt so sure if I should keep the temper in check. I did. Mainly because I played devil's advocate and saw both sides of the situation. (when you get a text message that makes you mad, you have more of a reaction time since its a pain in the ass to text) Part of me thinks Im angry because of the topic which was brought up. Its a topic that doesnt settle well with me, and logically (I hate this word), I know I cant be angry all the time.

Lately, I've been learning to accept emotions as they arise. There is a reason Im feeling what I'm feeling, even if it is irrational. I'm working on my filtering system of what is worth being expressed, and what needs to be dealt with on my own.

Life would be so much better if it were consequence free.

For example:

Me and what I would like to say to the one who needs enlightenment: You're a dumbass!

The consequence free response from the person I enlightened: Yes. You are entitled to your opinion. You are a Goddess. I will make things right to your specifications.

Sadly, this world only exists somewhere in my subconscious.

No comments: