Thursday, August 09, 2007

I've been going back and forth as to what to blog about, so here it is.

Lately, I've been coming across articles which discuss life in your 30's. Actually, they are more about being a woman in your 30's. Being 30, I'm always intrigued by these articles.

Usually they are of 2 mindsets: Single and sad, or Married and loving it. There is the 3rd group which discusses fertility in your 30's, which I will not elaborate on here. I hate these articles because my category is not there. Single and loving it. (Don't get me started how these articles are targeted at the ladies only!)

The single and sad people are unmarried and worried about their fertility, as well as the difficulty of meeting a good guy because apparently, they are all taken. I am not worried about these things. I feel that things will happen at the right time. I can't imagine any year of my 20's where getting married would have fit or been the right choice. I *shudder* at the thought. An ex boyfriend called me the other day and fretted about how he missed the boat for marriage. He's only 31!

I was chatting with one of my favorite people about this, wondering why I came across these articles. He pointed out that I am bucking the trend. I like that. Why does it have to be one way or the other?

Granted, I'm not in the place I thought I would be at 30 but I am moving forward. I'm not miserable either. I am more anxious and excited for the future just because I am ready to acheive all I've dreamt about and more. This is the tip of the iceberg.

No comments: