Tuesday, November 25, 2003

As I was eating my Oreo cookies after lunch today (the mature woman's snack), I had a thought. It was a thought similar to one Paul Simon had.

"A man/woman walks down the street and asks, why am I soft in the middle now? Why am I soft in the middle? The rest of my life is so hard."

As I strategically ate my Oreo (First the chocolate layer, then the creamy part, then the bottom chocolate layer), I realized...when life's hard, I get soft in the middle because I eat when Im stressed.

I havent gone to the gym at ALL this month. I've been working until 7 or 8 most nights and by the end, Im pooped. I come home, work on applications and work on my paper for my class. (And blog) My abs have deteriorated to a marshmellow status. (Paints a lovely picture doesnt it?)

Thursday is Thanksgiving, a holiday devoted to eating. God bless the Founding Pilgrims for this holiday. Just thinking of the spread makes me salivate. Im well on my way to becoming spherical in shape.

So my goal is to become de-marshmellowize my abs and the rest of my flobby self by my birthday. Starting now.

Well...maybe not now, but by the end of the week.

No comments: