Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's late, I can't sleep, so I thought I'd leave a little note

I'm so excited that the premeire of the Simpsons movie is in Springfield, Vermont! I used to live there, and it is such a wonderful little town. I lived up the hill from the movie theatre! It's kind of crazy when a small town that not too many people know about is now world famous, even if it is for 15 minutes. I might drive up for the premiere. The town won't ever see anything that big again.

Actually, the biggest thing that goes on in the town is Alumni Weekend. Instead of having yearly reunions for the high school, they do one yearly, and have everyone come. Then they have a parade through the town. 4th of July was pretty cool too. I'm so excited for them. It's an industrial town, so the tourism they get for that weekend will do so much.

1 comment:

Springfield VT News said...

I am one of 200 volunteers who appeared in the winning Springfield Vermont video. After helping them win, the local Chamber of Commerce turned their back on us. The elite in town received the invitations to view the world premiere in place of us. And then not even a word of thanks or mention of us in the public ceremony outside the theater. You can read more about this and check out some of the sights and sounds of premiere day at our new website:
The Simpsons Springfield Vermont