Sunday, June 13, 2004

Recently I got an invite for my 10 year high school reunion. I'm still on the fence if I want to go or not.

My high school experience was rather ordinary. I still talk to a lot of friends from high school. I feel like I keep in touch with who I want in my life.

Part of me feels that I am such a different person than I was back then. I'm much more assertive. I was so passive in high school, I shudder at the thought.

There are a couple people I'd rather not see again. I have issues with seeing people who I was once so close with after a long time. Then you see them again, and its a weird feeling of foreigness. I ran into a friend at Pier 1 a month ago. We used to do everything together. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. After she got married, she stopped calling and inviting me to her place. You could say we grew apart, but I feel like she tuned me out of her life. When we saw each other, we said hi, and had formal conversation. It was so awkward. I dont want to have to experience that for an entire night. Will I even talk to the people I never talked to in high school? Its just so strange.

I dont want it to be a night of "Who's more successful/beautiful/richer" type thing. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

I AM curious as to what others are doing. One friend brought up the point that its just one night, and if I hate it, I never have to go back.

Seeing all of those names on the list brought back so many memories of people I thought I would never think of again.

I cant believe its been 10 years already.

No comments: