Thursday, May 27, 2004

I have a confession to make.

I didnt roll a blunt in Miami. I didnt have public sex. Although it was on the 'best of' list. It was a sneaky evil ploy to lure you back into my world.

I saw people having sex on the beach (not the drink, the action) at 4am. I really tried to divert my attention to the ocean, but when I wanted to give myself a panoramic view of the ocean, there they were, knockin' boots.

Where do I start with my trip?!

I'll start with my favorite night of the trip.

On Thursday night, we went to a club called Crobar. It was hip-hop night, and the friendly receptionist at our hotel gave us free passes. Otherwise we would have had to pay $50! No dice.

The 3 of us entered the club, and immediately started dancing. 2 out of the 3 of us enjoy drinking. So A.M. and I started buying each other rounds of rum and Coke. Then A.M. decided we should step up and we did shots of Red Headed Slut. I've never had a red headed slut before. I highly recommend red headed sluts. heh heh. The vibe of this club was awesome. Everyone was dancing just to dance and not to grope. I loved it.

So we went up to the second floor and were dancing there. This Bangladeshi guy comes up to me and starts talking. He was cool and offered to buy me a drink. I told him if you buy me a drink, you have to buy my friends drinks. He complied! I was shocked. Hey, I told him the deal, and he didnt have to agree. He bought A.M. and I a couple rum and cokes, and S.V. her $5 bottle of water.

We were dancing queens. They played everything! Jay-Z, Tupac, De La Soul, Mary J.Blige, Nina Sky...all the fun hip hop.

Then a guy comes up to me. He's holding a bunch of drinks and has a water bottle tucked into his elbow. He asks me to move the water bottle from his elbow to his pinky. I asked him, "Can you carry all that?" Then he told me how he's a bartender at a place called the Laundry Bar. Yes people, there's a bar in Miami where you can drink and do your laundry. Him and I chatted for a bit, and he said to thank me he would buy me a drink. He was true to his word and came back with a Jager Bomb. Now, Im not sure how to drink a drink that requires 2 steps. He gave me the shot glass inside the big glass. I didnt know what to do with it, so I took the shot of Jager and drank the Red Bull. I think I was supposed to sink the shot. Oh well whatever. I ended up looking at pics of his dog that he had on his phone.

Then I danced my way over to the DJ booth and talked to the DJ's friend about music. Somehow I met another guy there named ALdo. By this point I had enough drinks in my system, and I kept calling him, "ALdo like my shoes!" (Aldo is a shoe store here, and luckily for me, that night I was wearing my Aldos so I could say that sentence with much conviction) He was a funky Haitian man. We danced for a bit, and we spoke in Spanish.

My friends and I stayed at the club for 6 hours. 5am it closed and we left. I ran into Aldo like my shoes and he walked with us back to the hotel. We were listening to some music in his discman and dancing down the street. My friends thought this was hysterical. Once we were at the hotel, I said 'bye' and sent him on his merry way. (Even in my drunken state, I was not about to invite him up!)

So the night was a grand success. Great music, cute clothes, fun friends, 2 phone numbers (which I didnt use), and happiness galore.

The next morning, work called me at 11am, and I had no idea where my head was. That was the best kind of ouch.

No comments: