Thursday, May 10, 2007

"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else."

--From The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

This quote stirred something inside me today. This year has been long, full of bumps, being at my parents house, I looked back thinking of all the 'sacrifices' I made to get myself to a point that is different from where I'm at now.

Then I realized, sacrificing this year of my life, was a precious gain in my nieces life.

That realization changed my outlook on my own life.

Today is going to be a good day.

4 comments:

Robert said...

How wonderful that you thot of that Dr.P. Your niece might not realize this today, but she will in her many years to come!

Your post made me feel good today, too! Great weekend from me to you! :-)

Mak Nywla said...

I think it's great that you're able to spend more time with your niece! I hope this is done without reservation or resentment, because I feel that giving unconditionally is the best way.

Some people view that a sacrifice is something that has to be done because there's not enough to go around. Personally, I hope to see things in terms of giving things to others because I already have more than enough :)

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

You are wise beyond your yours. The fact that you realize your gains and have an attitude of gratitude when you look back and then return forward is a gift. It reminds me of Joni Mitchell's "Circle Game"...

"...we can't return we can only look behind from where we came..."

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

okay...I meant to say "your YEARS"...but, yeah, I think you knew that.

My fingers apparantly have turned on me today.

;)