Monday, September 12, 2005

There's something in the water because this is the 4th wedding I've been to in 5 weeks.

This wedding was in a beautiful convention center place, although poorly planned. There was a 4 hour break between the wedding and the reception, the speeches were kind of crappy (there were almost 10 speeches), the lighting was bad, and desserts were outside the reception hall so once people exited they didn't come back. But the food was excellent.

I'm chilling with my friends. I was at a table where everyone was married except for me. Everyone was great and I loved seeing my friends. We are all over the place, so we usually meet up at weddings now.

Finally, at one point of the wedding there were people with these huge bowlfuls of party favors. One of the women passing out the party favors came to our table. She asked my friend to the right of me if she was married. She said yes. She got her party favor.

She asked me if I was married. I said no. Then she said, "Then you don't get one."

Jaws dropped all around the table. Now you have to be married to get a party favor?!

This woman came around again, and my friend told her that I didn't get one, and this woman said, I know.

I was angry and upset not because I didnt get a stupid cheap 3 Rupee party favor (that is not soley for married couples), but because it was like this God awful thing that I'm not married. I was shunned.

I went and found my Mommy and told her what happened. She was angry too and its fun to be angry with your mom, because she adds an element that can make you laugh. She said that the wedding isn't that great anyway, the gift is cheap, and I look good.

And of course, as always, she was right.

No comments: